Are you here because you saw a USA Family Protection Insurance commercial on TV about final expense burial insurance?
Perhaps you’re looking for a quote or want to find out how these final expense life insurance programs work. If so, then you’ve found the right article!
Today’s article will explain the following:
- How the USA Family Protection Services program works,
- Whether a program from USA Family Protection suits you, or,
- If there are better options to consider.
Bottom line, if you’re looking for final expense life insurance for yourself, a spouse, an elderly parent, or a sibling, you’ll find all the information you need to see if USA Family Protection is a good fit for your goals.
Quick Navigation Article Links
USA Family Protection Insurance Services is a virtual insurance agency that helps people secure affordable final expense coverage over the phone.
They exclusively represent Lumico Life Insurance company, an A-rated company that works with clients who want affordable final expense coverage without medical exams.
USA Family Protection Insurance Services offer whole life simplified issue products that require no medical examinations. Clients also receive an instant decision upon completing a phone interview.
The application process only takes 15 to 20 minutes to complete, and the questions are relatively straightforward.
This is perfect for anyone looking for enough coverage to pay for a burial or cremation.
For example, our average final expense policy plans at Buy Life Insurance for burial provide roughly $10,000 to $20,000 in coverage, ideal for final expenses. However, coverage can range from $1,000 to $100,000 or more.
USA Family Protection Insurance Services do not underwrite or create their insurance policies.
In fact, they’re partnered with an insurance company called “Lumico Life Insurance” that underwrites and insures their final expense plans for them.
Therefore, to explain how USA Family Protection operates, we must first look at how a Lumico final expense policy plan works.
Based on your health, there are three plans available:
- $5,000 to $30,000 in coverage, no-waiting period, full death benefit payout
- Age – 50 to 85 years old
- If you die in the 1st year, you receive 25% of your death benefit for natural death.
- In the 2nd year: 50%
- In the 3rd year: 75%
- After three years: 100% (the full death benefit)
- Age – 50 to 85 years old
- $5,000 to $15,000 in coverage
- Death from natural causes in the 1st year: 10% of your death benefit for natural death.
- Death from natural causes in the 2nd year: 25%
- Death from natural causes in the 3rd year: 50%
- Age – 50 to 80 years old
Pricing for USA Family Protection’s Lumico Burial Insurance
Compared to their competitors, most of the available coverage at Lumico Burial Insurance is competitively priced. However, pricing isn’t everything.
You need to know how their underwriting policy works and what medical questions they’re going to ask. Different insurers may ask different questions.
And there’s no guarantee Lumico will be the best fit for every person applying compared to other final expense companies.
If you answer yes to the following, they’ll decline your application.
- Are you currently bedridden or in a nursing home, hospital, or hospice?
- Have you been diagnosed with a terminal medical condition that could cause death in the next 12 months?
If you answer yes to the following, they’ll offer a Modified plan.
- Do you use oxygen for respiratory issues?
- Do you have any pending hospitalizations, diagnostic testing, surgeries, or procedures that haven’t been completed for which results are still unknown?
- Do you need help with activities like dressing, bathing, toileting, eating, and so on?
- Have you ever been diagnosed or treated for a condition that requires a bone marrow organ transplant?
- Dialysis, Alzheimer’s, dementia, mental incapacity?
- ALS, HIV, AIDS, congestive heart failure, or cardiomyopathy?
- Were you diagnosed with diabetes before the age of 40?
- Do you have diabetes in combination with any other circulatory or heart condition?
- In the prior year, have you had or been treated for a heart attack, heart block, stroke/mini-stroke, TIA attack, heart valve disorder, lung disease (does not include mild asthma), or any form of cancer, lymphoma, melanoma, leukemia, or systemic lupus?
If you answer yes to the following, they’ll offer standard rates. If you answer no to all of them, they may qualify you for preferred rates.
- Have you ever had or been treated for Parkinson’s disease or permanent paralysis caused by a disease?
In the last two years, have you been diagnosed with or suffered from any of the following:
- A heart attack
- Circulatory disorder
- Kidney disease
- Internal cancer
- Neuromuscular disorder, such as cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, and so on
- Any connective tissue disorder
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn’s disease
- Any psychiatric issue that requires inpatient treatment
- Have you had more than four driving violations within the past two years, been convicted or pled guilty to driving under the influence more than once?
- Have you received or been advised to seek treatment for alcohol or drug abuse?
- Have you been convicted of or pled guilty to or awaiting trial for a felony?
- Have you been incarcerated, or are you on probation or parole?
Let’s start with some of the questions mentioned above and discuss where you will likely find a better deal.
In a nursing home facility, bedridden or in a hospice, or have a terminal condition.
Chances are you can secure guaranteed issue coverage from a company such as:
- Gerber, or,
- Great Western.
These insurers ask no health questions whatsoever, and as long as the client can physically sign off on the application, they’re guaranteed to be approved.
We have access to all three of these companies – run quotes to the side or top of the screen to check prices.
You may be able to get a policy that gives you full coverage after two years, rather than the 3-year Modified Lumico plan that USA Family Protection Insurance Services offers.
For instance, Guarantee Trust Life (a company we offer here at Buy Life Insurance For Burial) may offer 50% death benefit coverage in the second year, versus 25% in the second year with Lumico. Then, full coverage in the third year and beyond.
Organ transplant dialysis, Alzheimer’s, dementia, mental incapacity, HIV, or AIDS.
You might be able to secure a guaranteed issue plan with a carrier that will offer you full coverage after two years.
Congestive heart failure.
You can qualify with a Guarantee Trust Life, which will offer 50% death benefit coverage in the second year and full coverage at the start of the third year.
Diagnosed with diabetes under 50.
Royal Neighbors, Liberty Bankers Life, and Prosperity (again, we offer all three companies here) may insure you for first-day full coverage versus the three-year modified plan with Lumico.
Diabetes in combination with any circulatory heart condition.
If you purchase a Lumico burial insurance plan from USA Family Protection, you’re best option is a Modified plan that makes you wait three years before you’re fully covered by the death benefit for natural causes.
Compared to other final expense coverage, I can think of companies that would actually provide immediate first day full coverage for both natural and accidental causes.
For example, Prosperity, Liberty Bankers Life, Royal Neighbors, would be just fine with it.
Of course, this begs the question… why wait 3 years for full natural death coverage when you don’t have to, right?
In the prior year, heart attack, heart blockage, stroke, mini-stroke, TIA, etc.
Guarantee Trust Life will offer full coverage quicker than Lumico. Also, if you have systemic lupus, you can get first-day full coverage with Liberty Bankers Life.
Companies such as Liberty Bankers Life, Foresters, and Aetna will offer 100% percent, first-day full coverage for this condition.
Guarantee Trust Life will offer 50% death benefit coverage in the second year.
In regards to the two-year lookback questions, Lumico is relatively good.
Thankfully, we can also secure your coverage for other conditions with many of the companies already mentioned, such as mental health disorders.
We can provide carriers with first day full coverage with companies like Liberty Bankers, Aetna, and Foresters.
This would be a three-year wait on the modified plan with Lumico.
While very competitive, Lumico’s policies that USA Family Protection Insurance Services offers have some tight underwriting issues that other companies like we offer would insure with less hassle.
In my opinion, you should only opt for a USA Family Protection Insurance Plan through Lumico if you can qualify for the preferred plan.
Consider seeking a second opinion with us!
Looking at the fine print on the USA Family Protection website, it seems like they only offer coverage through Lumico.
This is a potential issue because when there’s only one carrier available, it’s highly likely that you could find a better plan elsewhere in terms of pricing and underwriting flexibility.
If you want to secure quality, final expense coverage for yourself or a loved one, make sure you compare all of your options. This is why I highly recommend that you seek help from our team at Buy Life Insurance For Burial!
We’re brokers, and we will shop various life insurance companies to find you the best deal in terms of coverage, pricing, and value for money.
And we do all this work for free! There’s no cost to you whatsoever. The companies pay us out of their pocket.
If you’re interested in finding out if we can help, call 888-626-0439 now, and one of our helpful representatives will be happy to assist you.
Or click here to request a free quote. We will get back to you within the next 24 business hours!
Thank you so much for reading! 🙂