Life Insurance For 77 Year Olds: Get The Facts Here!
Are you 77 years old and thinking about purchasing life insurance? Or perhaps you are looking for life insurance coverage for a 77 years old parent?
You’ve found the right article!
Here I’ll cover all the major questions a 77 year old senior should ask about life insurance including why it is important to take out life insurance at your age, what are the options, and what to look for in insurance.
Quick Navigation Article Links
Why should a person aged 77 get life insurance?
There are many good reasons why you should consider carrying life insurance when you are a 77 year old man or woman. Here are some of the most common ones:
- To cover your final expenses. Many seniors retire without having adequate life insurance coverage to pay for their funeral and burial or cremation costs. What’s more, many retired people have very little savings that wouldn’t be enough to cover final expenses. I have been helping seniors with life insurance since 2011, and in my experience, covering funeral expenses is the most common reason why 77 year olds purchase life insurance.
- To pay off debt. As a 77 years old you may want to buy life insurance to pay off additional debt that will be left behind after your death, like a mortgage or a credit card debt, for example.
- To use as income replacement. Many 77 year olds buy life insurance in order to take care of any income loss after the death of the family’s primary earner.
- To leave a legacy of love. Some seniors decide to buy life insurance so that they can leave money behind to their family. Maybe they want to leave something to the person they love or help their grandchildren as they start college.
Is a medical exam necessary?
The good news is that getting an exam when you are 77 years old is optional when applying for life insurance.
In fact, almost none of our clients take medical exams. Instead, they opt for something called “simplified issue coverage.”
Here’s how it works.
When you apply for one of our life insurance or burial insurance policies, the insurance company checks your past medical and prescription history to decide whether you are approved. You are not required to undergo any medical exams.
And that’s not all. Unlike most life insurance programs that require weeks of underwriting analysis, with our life insurance options, you will get approval in seconds.
So, if you’re looking for a quick and simple way to get a life policy, you’re in the right place.
I’m not in the greatest shape. Can I still qualify for a policy?
Yes, you can still qualify.
There are life insurance policies for 77 year old seniors with a history of poor health. At Buy Life Insurance For Burial, we’ve got plenty of options for 77 year old men and women with any health condition.
We can offer first-day coverage if you have one of the following:
- Heart issues
- Mental health disorders
- Lung disease like COPD
- Diabetes, even if you use insulin or have diabetic complications
- Neurological disorders like Parkinson’s or lupus
- and more.
What about the toughest pre-existing conditions?
As long as you’re 80 years old or younger, we can offer a no questions asked whole life insurance policy. This plan provides quality coverage that is otherwise impossible to get.
Can I afford life insurance if I am on a fixed income?
The good news about getting a life insurance policy at the age of 77 is that there is always a possibility to adjust the price to fit your budget.
In fact, many of our clients are low-income seniors. At Buy Life Insurance For Burial, our goal is to help you with a policy regardless of your budget.
What insurance carriers are best for coverage on seniors age 77?
There is no single company that fits the needs of every 77 years old looking for life insurance or burial insurance. Your health is unique and health factors vary between different life insurance companies.
The good news is that, as an independent broker, Buy Life Insurance For Burial carries multiple insurance companies and has access to the best coverage options.
We’ll make sure to find you the best quality of coverage for the right price, based on your particular needs.
What are my coverage options?
There are several different life insurance options to choose from when you’re 76 years old:
We usually recommend this insurance type to our senior clients. Whole life insurance will never cancel due to your age or your health as long as you are paying premiums. This is the type of insurance that you can’t outlive.
What’s more, whole life insurance rates don’t increase, and you qualify for first day full coverage. This is especially important for seniors who are on a fixed income.
Our life insurance carriers offer “simplified issue” underwriting. In other words, you qualify automatically for their whole life insurance without having to take a medical exam. You will only be asked a few simple health questions in order to be approved.
Universal life insurance
Universal life is great insurance for 76 years old men and women who are in good health. If set up incorrectly, guaranteed universal life insurance for seniors may cancel prior to death, but if set up right, it is permanent and you can’t outlive it.
Term life insurance
You might have heard that term life insurance is the best option for seniors. However, the truth is that most 77 years old prefer not to get this type of insurance.
The main reason is that term life guarantees coverage only for a certain number of years. So you may easily end up outliving the policy and you’ll be left with no insurance at all.
Besides, term life insurance is not easy to qualify for. Most 77 year old seniors who apply for term insurance get denied due to their age or health issues. Or, they refuse coverage because of high premiums.
That said, if you are interested in purchasing term life insurance, we can always find a suitable policy for your needs. We’ll choose an insurance carrier who is easier on underwriting and help you get a quality term life insurance policy.
I get mail from AARP, Colonial Penn, and see all sorts of television commercials about burial insurance. Why shouldn’t I buy from them?
AARP and Colonial Penn have been advertising final expense burial insurance on television for years. However, it is important to read the fine print before you decide to buy insurance from them:
AARP life insurance is almost exclusively term life insurance as is sold in their television commercials and mailers they send you. And as we’ve mentioned above, term life insurance cancels.
In the case of AARP, the policy cancels at the age of 80. That means if you live to be 80 years old, you’ll lose your AARP term life insurance coverage.
Plus, the plans go up in price every 5 years. In fact, AARP term coverage becomes very expensive as you age. Many seniors have to drop their AARP plans simply because the premiums get too expensive.
Colonial Penn life insurance advertises its “guaranteed acceptance” policy. However, this product does not cover for full natural death for the first two years.
While you may think that this is the only type of option you can qualify for because your health isn’t the greatest, it’s very likely that you may find a better product.
Both AARP and Colonial Penn do provide coverage for the people who need it, but at Buy Life Insurance For Burial we believe that we can get you a better quality policy that may start immediately without the need to wait or possibility to outlive the coverage.
I’m looking for coverage on my 77 year old parents. Can I get coverage on them?
Yes, you can buy life insurance on your parents.
However, your 77 year old parents must be willing and able to sign off on the policy, unless you have power of attorney.
As long as your parents agree for you to take out the life or burial insurance coverage for them, you can set up payments from your account to pay the policy premiums.
We’ve helped many adult children get burial insurance or life insurance coverage on their parents and we’ll be happy to help you too!
How to get a free life insurance quote
Ready to learn more about life insurance for 77 year olds? Here’s what you need to do:
- Call us. You can speak to one of our friendly representatives by calling us toll-free at 888-626-0439. If we’re tied up and cannot answer the phone, just leave us a voicemail and we’ll call you back. It only takes 5 to 10 minutes to get a quick quote for life insurance for a 77 year old.
- Get an online quote. You can also easily request a quote online without calling. If you’re on a smartphone, click the button at the top to request a free quote. If you’re on your desktop computer, fill out the information to your right then click “submit”. You’ll get a few price options, and we’ll follow up with you shortly to see what you think.